Recently you may have noticed we’ve added a couple of new features: Embed Configurator and Combined Embed.
Why the new capabilities? We’ve been listening to our customers, who needed a more convenient way to embed videos on their websites as well as a more streamlined user experience.
- Previously, the video player and the Videos tab had to be embedded next to each other on the Web page.
- If visitors clicked on the video, it automatically took them to the Ustream page instead of allowing them to watch the video on-site.
If you’re an enterprise customer, now you’ll find on your dashboard a new Combined Embed.
First, you’ll be able to determine the type of embed you want to use:
- Player: A standalone player with the live content of your channel
- Social: Chat, social stream and widgets
- Combined: A custom combination of the Player, Social and Video Gallery embeds
- A full-size preview
- A sidebar with configuration options
- An automatically generated embed code that can be copied to your clipboard
- A large video gallery, with search options
- A new https option for the Player, the Chat/Social Stream and the Combined Embed
- Http/https protocol included in the embed code; this is useful for customers on systems such as WordPress, in which protocol-relative URLs cannot be used in embed codes
Please tell us what you think of the new features — we want to hear from you!