Joined: June 30, 2013
The First Baptist Church began in the year of 1900 under the leadership of Reverend J. W. Grace where members worshipped under a bush arbor. Later, Mr. Jeff Ellis donated one half acre of land where the present building now stands and a wood structure was erected. This was called First Church because this was the first black church to be built in Andalusia. Later, the name Baptist was added to become First Baptist Church. Through the years we have had our share building remodeling and Pastors, but today we are excited about the growth and changes that are happening at First Baptist Church. In August, 2012, Reverend Darryl L. Calloway, Sr. preached and the Holy Spirit led the Search Committee to ask Reverend Calloway to be the pastor. The congregation accepted the recommendation of the Search Committee, and Reverend Calloway became the pastor. His installation service was held on October 21, 2012.