WORLD OF HUMMINGBIRDS! (Emma's Nest)
Pets, Animals - Birds
Feb/March 2014: Updates from Emma's Nest! Tinkerbell (an Allen's hummingbird) is back! She's built a nest in a potted ficus tree, not far from Emma's chandelier, under the patio cover in the backyard (located in Southern California). This is this site's 7th nest! If you're new, WELCOME! If you're returning, WELCOME BACK! Please FEEL FREE to ask our Room Moderators questions! They love to help! Our "Room Motto" is: "Enter as strangers, leave as friends."
For the most information, please visit our website: www.ourhummingbirdnest.com
Also: Join our Facebook page for the most updates/information: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emma-The-HummingbirdEmmas-NestWorld-of-Hummingbirds-NEW/225568787458232
***FOR EVERYONE'S BENEFIT, PLEASE READ MY CHAT ROOM RULES BELOW***
***ALSO, please join MY FACEBOOK PAGE AT: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Emma-The-HummingbirdEmmas-NestWorld-of-Hummingbirds-NEW/225568787458232 -- or -- http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=131758716840583
Do you feel my HOST FAMILY is providing you with something of value by streaming me live 24/7? Some viewers have expressed a desire to to donate toward the costs of keeping this live cam/website running. If you wish to make a donation, to offset the costs of upgraded internet service required for this site, ongoing equipment and website maintenance costs, materials we provide to schools to further the education about hummingbirds, required postage and other monthly expenses to keep this site going, thank you so much... it's truly appreciated. Please know, donations or not, my host family loves providing this amazing footage to you and feel blessed to know you! HERE'S THE LINK and THANK YOU! http://www.ustream.tv/worldofhummingbirdshttp://ourhummingbirdnest.shutterfly.com/givetoemma
IMPORTANT CHAT ROOM RULES:
1. Be polite. Please don't disrespect our bird(s), our other viewers, our Moderators or our host family. If you do, you will be removed from the room and won't be able to return again. No warnings.
2. Be positive. We all realize there are risks involved with watching live nature. We like to remain optimistic here. Please keep negative, pessimistic comments to yourself. We've done miraculous things here before, and plan to continue. :)
3. Be "PG". Our room is rated PG during the day and PG-13 at night. We often have classrooms of young children watching and their safety is paramount in our room. Therefore, don't use obscenities -- even if the word in question is often used in conversation. We're not going to list the words we object to. You know what they are.
4. Promotion of other sites: We do not share other webcam sites, websites or their addresses in our chat room. This is common practice. The other sites don't allow it either. PLEASE NOTE: If you attempt to share the address or link to another site in our chat room, the comment will be removed and so will you - for period of time determined by our Moderators and/or our Host. We understand and appreciate discussions about other interesting sites but out of respect to the effort and topic at hand in OUR room, please limit these public comments to a minimum. This is not a place for advertising, promotion, recruiting, campaigning, lobbying or soliciting - nor is it an "overflow room" for other sites or webcam broadcasts.
5. Be private. Please don't use the chat room for individual communications. If you click on a person's name, there is a link for sending private messages to that guest. Please, don't abuse this feature. If someone doesn't want to chat privately, then please respect their privacy and stop. If you are harassing other viewers or our Moderators, Ustream will be contacted and you will be reported/banned from their entire site. *NOTICE TO MINORS: If you are a minor, do not EVER enter into, or respond to ANYONE here who sends you a Private Message (PM). We ask that you stay in the "Main" Chat Room and enjoy. Your protection is paramount to us and we want you to be here, have fun, but STAY SAFE. If anyone ever attempts to contact you and it makes you uncomfortable, please tell a parent or trusted adult.*
NOW LET'S HAVE FUN! :)