The Census Bureau serves as the leading source of quality data about the nation's people and economy. We honor privacy, protect confidentiality, share our expertise globally, and conduct our work openly. We are guided on this mission by our strong and capable workforce, our readiness to innovate, and our abiding commitment to our customers.
What Data We Collect & When
* Population & Housing Census — every 10 years
* Economic Census — every 5 years
* Census of Governments — every 5 years
* American Community Survey — annually
* Our many surveys — both Demographic & Economic
* Economic Indicators — each indicator is released on a specific schedule, see the Economic Indicator Calendar