NASA will hold a news conference at 1 p.m. EST Wednesday, Feb. 22, to present new findings on planets that orbit stars other than our sun, known as exoplanets. Details of these findings are embargoed by the journal Nature until 1 p.m.
Media and the public also may ask questions during the briefing on Twitter using the hashtag #askNASA.
The briefing participants are:
· Thomas Zurbuchen, associate administrator of the Science Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters in Washington
· Michael Gillon, astronomer at the University of Liege in Belgium
· Sean Carey, manager of NASA's Spitzer Science Center at Caltech/IPAC, Pasadena, California
· Nikole Lewis, astronomer at the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore
· Sara Seager, professor of planetary science and physics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
For more information on exoplanets, visit: http://exoplanets.nasa.gov
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory invites you to watch live about everything from Mars rovers to monitoring asteroids to cool cosmic discoveries. From the lab to the lecture hall, get information directly from scientists and engineers working on NASA's latest missions. http://www.jpl.nasa.gov
Chat Rules: Free registration with Ustream is required to participate in the chat box. The chat is open to all guests from around the planet. From time to time the chat box may be disabled except for pre-arranged chat sessions. Please follow our code of conduct in the chat box:
• Be courteous.
• Use respectful language.
• Stay on topic.
• Protect your private information.