As one of the first visual radio stations in North America, Riot Radio brings new technology and diverse programming to the Durham College campus community. Riot Radio is a service of Durham College Students Inc. located in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. Live programming runs from September to December in the Fall semester, and from January to April in the Winter semester.
Do you enjoy writing and developing themes? Are you tech savvy? Always looking to scratch the surface of new and cutting edge technology? Have an interest in promoting at live events or mobile filming? We have volunteer opportunities for you!
Riot Radio offers student members the opportunity to apply for various volunteer positions. Volunteers receive training and support to create diverse programming.
Every position at Riot Radio provides you with new experiences, the ability to meet like-minded students and uncover your passion for broadcasting. Each position involves a different level of commitment based on what you are interested in and your availability. Students can select their ideal role at Riot Radio by choosing the position that will allow them to develop and build new skills in their area of interest. The RR Team is made up of full-time professional staff who support volunteers every step of the way.
• Host your own show, one hour a week for a semester at a time
• Share your interests and areas of expertise, it's your program
• You can host solo or as a team with co-hosts
• Learn how to operate our state of the art audio and video equipment
• Apply your skills in a new way, all you need is a technical aptitude
• Volunteer on your schedule, day or night
MOBILE CREW & LIVE EVENTS TEAM
• Support the Multimedia Specialist as you help capture, edit, and share
• Film on the go - RR Mobile can broadcast from almost anywhere
• As a crew member you volunteer per event, each semester