Mountain View, Calif. – June 5, 2008 – Ustream.TV (www.ustream.tv), the leading Internet broadcasting platform, today announced a number of milestones reflecting continued momentum and growth. Milestones include the addition of Shashi Seth, former Head of Monetization at YouTube/Google to the Ustream Board of Advisers, and the rapid expansion of the Ustream user-base. In the past quarter, Ustream added 100,000 broadcasters to its roster – for a total of 360,000 registered broadcasters – and a record 10 million unique viewers of the Ustream network during the month of May. Additionally, Ustream reports that its average video view length is 30 minutes, making the Ustream platform a more appealing option for advertisers and sponsors looking for a captive audience.
“Ustream has done a phenomenal job at engaging and interacting with its community and I am pleased to be part of the team that will contribute to the company’s success,” said Mr. Seth. “It’s been intriguing watching more and more people respond to the new types of content available via live Internet broadcasts. I look forward to working with Ustream to help them promote the unique opportunities available for monetizing this new means of programming.”
Ustream.TV Growth Metrics
Ustream accomplishments during the past quarter include:
- Reaching a record 10 million unique viewers through the Ustream network during the month of May
- Recording the average video view length on the Ustream site to be 30 minutes, providing a much richer environment for online advertisers
- Adding 100,000 active broadcasters to its roster, including recording artists, Last Goodnight, James Blunt, Michelle Williams, Missy Higgins and Sara Bareilles
- Hosting the Dalai Lama for a live broadcast that was viewed by thousands of people
- Enabling Senators Barack Obama, John McCain and Ted Kennedy, to connect live with constituents across the country in an entirely new way
- Allowing people from around the world to experience events such as SXSW and the Republican National Convention from the comfort of their homes
“Our users are clearly being entertained by the programming they’re watching on our site, as evidenced by the growing number of video views, the increase in new Ustream users and the amount of time people are spending watching content delivered via the platform” said John Ham, Ustream.TV founder. “This is a perfect time for Shashi Seth to join our Board, as his knowledge and expertise will be invaluable in helping us to further strengthen our revenue strategy as we continue to expand.”
Ustream is the leading internet broadcasting platform. Ustream’s proprietary technology powers an easy-to-use, web-based interface, allowing anyone with a camera, computer and Internet connection to broadcast live to the world. Integrated with a host of interactive tools including chatrooms, co-host, and shout meter, Ustream’s platform delivers real-time, social experiences on the web. Since its beta launch in March 2007, Ustream has grown to 360,000 registered users broadcasting 8,000 – 10,000 live shows a day. Ustream.TV is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and is privately held. For more information, please visit: www.ustream.tv.