Alexia Tsotsis of TechCrunch reports that high profile events and news broadcasts have greatly boosted Ustream’s viewership. Highlights include:
- 60M unique viewers across the entire network
- Visitor growth from 18M in January to 25M in February
- Growth trajectory of 10% in March 2011
- 174K Broadcasters signed up in past month
- 77% growth in mobile distribution
Tsotsis also mentions that all 4G Verizon Android will be bundled with Ustream as well, and recounts the experience of Japanese earthquake survivors who flooded Tokyo Apple stores to tune into news broadcasts being streamed on Ustream.
Read the full article here.