Mountain View, Calif. – July 1, 2008 – Ustream.TV (www.ustream.tv), the leading Internet broadcasting platform, today launched a new website with an improved user interface and new features that improve live, interactive video for broadcasters and viewers alike.
New Ustream Features for Broadcasters
New features for Ustream broadcasters include the ability to add overlays directly into any broadcast including YouTube videos and text; setting up and adding upcoming events to their channel schedule; and, specific metrics about every broadcast including unique viewers, total views and average viewers.
New Ustream Features for Viewers
New features for Ustream viewers include the ability to follow favorite broadcasters and be notified of upcoming events by email or through “my feeds” when they log in; updated user interface that makes it easy to quickly discover content; and, a schedule of significant upcoming broadcasts right on the home page.
Ustream.TV Growth Metrics
• 10 million unique viewers through the Ustream network during the month of June
• 410,000 registered users broadcasting 10,000-15,000 live events a day
• Average video view length on the Ustream site is 30 minutes, providing a rich environment for online advertisers
• 100,000 active broadcasters on its roster including artists Johnny Knoxville, Dane Cook, James Blunt, The Plain White Ts and Missy Higgins
• Hosted the nation’s first live, interactive video broadcast online which raised over $1,000,000 for U.S. Troops
• Senators Barack Obama and John McCain regularly use the Ustream.tv platform for their presidential campaigns
Ustream is the leading internet broadcasting platform. Ustream’s proprietary technology powers an easy-to-use, web-based interface, allowing anyone with a camera, computer and Internet connection to broadcast live to the world. Integrated with a host of interactive tools including chatrooms, co-host, and shout meter, Ustream’s platform delivers real-time, social experiences on the web. Since its beta launch in March 2007, Ustream has grown to 410,000 registered users broadcasting 10,000-15,000 live shows a day. Ustream.TV is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and is privately held. For more information, please visit: www.ustream.tv.