The Twitter phenomenon explodes in Rhode Island: What it means for you, your business and your brand
On May 19, 2009 The Perry Group will host Rhode Island’s first of its kind Tweet-Up and panel discussion dedicated to the social networking tool Twitter. This free event is being held at Providence Piers, 200 Allens Avenue, Providence, RI from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
Like Twitter itself, this event is designed to provide a environment where Twitter veterans, newbies and those thinking about plunging into Twitter can share an evening of learning. Topics for discussion will include:
• Why individuals and businesses are using Twitter to promote their brand.
• Which businesses and brands have been successful at using Twitter - and why?
• What is the best way to engage with one's followers? And, how do individuals, businesses and brands make sure they are getting the most out of engaging with their community?
• What is the best way for an individual to "tweet" on behalf of a company?? Is it smart to have a Twitter use plan? Have people really been hired for jobs through Twitter?
• Why do some individuals, businesses and brands fail at Twitter? What else can we learn just by being active on Twitter?