Ustream began with a vision to connect deployed troops separated from their families and friends; enabling a soldier in Afghanistan to watch his sister’s recital in Iowa or for that same soldier to broadcast to his loved ones and tell them he’s okay. We are proud to be a veteran-owned and operated company whose technology and products today connect tens of millions of people every month around shared broadcast experiences.
This Sunday, we hope you will join Ustream in sharing your own tribute to veterans. Using the Ustream mobile app for iPhone or Android, a webcam, or a professional video camera; add the #UstreamVets hashtag to your broadcast title and submit your info to our editors here so that we can share your event with the world. Visit us on Veterans Day for an all-day, worldwide celebration of courage, commitment, and sacrifice.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Stream a thank you message to a veteran(s), ones you know or not.
- Broadcast your hometown Veterans Day parade or flag raising ceremony.
- Go live wherever you’re celebrating the traditional 11 a.m. moment of silence.
- Share a reflection of a veteran who has made an impact on your life.
- Read an open letter to veterans.
- Perform a song inspired by veterans.
- Interview veterans and have them share their own story.
Use one of the ideas above or submit your own along your channel in the form below. If you need help setting up your channel, you can go to Ustream University or fill in your contact info below and a Ustream editor will get in touch.
U.S. Army veteran