We’re all about politics on Nov. 6. All day on Election Day, the world will tune into Ustream for the most comprehensive coverage online — or anywhere for that matter. Throughout the year, we’ve seen live news events like the Mars Rover landing and the presidential debates score big on Ustream. Election Day is shaping up to be another major draw as viewers increasingly turn to the Internet for live, interactive experiences.
Ustream has teamed up with some of the country’s leading news organizations to bring you real-time results and analysis, on-the-ground reports and exclusive behind-the-scenes access inside newsrooms. We’ve got an eclectic array of perspectives and commentary, as well as live monitoring of polling stations from Video the Vote volunteers in key battleground states. With so many choices, you can truly build your own news experience.
We’ll be adding to the schedule as Election Day nears, but here’s the lineup as of Monday morning:
- Six streams from PBS NewsHour, including in-studio interviews with political insiders, historical campaign footage, a live newsroom cam, a closed captioned stream and two hatcams dispatched to Obama and Romney headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Seven hours of live coverage from CBS News with Scott Pelley, Bob Schieffer, Norah O’Donnell, John Dickerson and correspondents in battleground states.
- Hours of coverage from WSJ Live starting at 8 p.m. EST. Guests include Rudy Giuliani, Gov. Bill Richardson, Rep. Dennis Kucinich and Karl Rove.
- Live from The Washington Post newsroom, featuring ‘FixCam’ with Chris Cillizza.
- Live from the Chicago Tribune newsroom starting 8 p.m. EST.
- Live election monitoring from Video the Vote volunteers across the country.
- PopSugar Live! Election Viewing Party starting 7 p.m. EST.
- WGBH with special election night episode of daily news magazine show ‘Greater Boston’
- UPI Live with all-day coverage featuring panel discussions, reports from Obama campaign headquarters in Washington, D.C. and the White House.
- PBS MediaShift show on the changing landscape of election coverage.
- FreedomWorks Live coverage starting 6 p.m. EST.
- Freedom Foundation with live results and analysis of national and Washington state races.
- And another appearance by our good friends at “Live Drinking” with Election Night festivities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @UstreamNews. See you on Tuesday!