Hey there Ustream! We are pumped to announce the release this morning of the next version of Broadcast for Friends, our free and simple broadcaster for Facebook. Using BFF, you can go live any time to your Facebook Timeline and News Feed. Check out the great coverage of this new version over at TechCrunch.
There are some great new features in this version, including the ability to delete videos and Open Graph support, but most importantly, in this new version, you can now go live to your business and fan pages!
This is how you do it:
1. First, if you haven’t already, download BFF in the app store.
2. Open the app. It will prompt you to connect to Facebook. This is necessary to go live to Facebook
3. When the broadcast screen loads, you will see your user picture in the upper left. Click your picture to go to your profile page.
4. In the upper right corner, press the gear icon to go to the settings page.
5. You should see a heading that says “Enable Broadcast to Pages.” You need to enable Broadcast to Pages first, which will require additional Facebook permissions. When you have successfully enabled these permissions, the button should change to brown and say “Enabled.” It may take a couple seconds to change. Click “Done.” (Note: if you can’t enable this feature, it means you don’t have any Facebook pages for which you are an admin. You can set one up here.)
6. Now, when you click “Broadcast” on the camera screen, you should see a menu where you can choose onto which page you want to go live.
7. When you click “Start,” your video will stream right to your Facebook page!
We are very excited about this new release, as so many of you have asked for this feature and we can finally get it out there. I’m looking forward to seeing all of your broadcasts!
Also new in this release:
- Delete your videos permanently (for those embarrassing party moments)
- Broadcasting support for connections as low as 200 kbps (that’s almost any 3G connection)
- Stability improvements as well as some helpful pointers on making the best quality videos
- Faster broadcasting process–no more countdown!
- …and lots of little changes to make the experience even better
Enjoy Broadcast for Friends! Here’s the download link again: http://broadcastforfriends.com/download